Three grand for water meters!

I've got two flats above a shop, and as part of general refurbing I thought I'd get Yorkshire Water to put seperate water meters in so's the tenents can pay the water bills rather than me having one bill for the whole building.

Yorkshire Water have sent me an invoice for =A33,678 for "new installation to three apartments"!!!!

I don't want any new supplies! I just want water meters on the existing supplies that have been there for something like 130 years!!!

I've just phoned them and the answermachine says: "we are in a team meeting all afternoon, we cannot answer this call" !

-- JGH - grumble grumble grumble

Reply to
jgharston

Ah, the meeting to decide how they are going to divvy up your 3k. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yorkshire Water have sent me an invoice for £3,678 for "new installation to three apartments"!!!!

I don't want any new supplies! I just want water meters on the existing supplies that have been there for something like 130 years!!!

I've just phoned them and the answermachine says: "we are in a team meeting all afternoon, we cannot answer this call" !

Yorkshire water are keen on this. They drive around looking for houses that have been converted to flats without their knowledge and will make the owner of the flats pay for new supplies.

There may be a cut off date that applies to flat conversions done years ago. It is a "maybe" but worth checking.

Many landlords converting houses into flats these days just buy and install their own meters.

One onther thing. If you ask they will not make you pay all at once.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

It was never converted - it was built, in 1885, as a shop with two flats upstairs - just like every other shop with residential accommodation.

(Pretty picture at )

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston