three gang - two way - three lights - wired from a power socket

In need of a wiring diagram for the above. My intension is to fit three spot lights (50W each) above the bed using 2No. three gang switches two way but powered from a standard power socket using a standard 3amp fused plug. I would like to control all three lights independently from the 2No. three gang swithches (either side of the bed). Any ideas/suggestions/advise..? Your help will be much appreciated..!

Reply to
galileo

This is quite easy if you take it carefully and don't get in a muddle with all the wires...

I will describe the situation for one lamp and a pair of two way switches. Doing it with three is just a case of repeating the same connections three times over.

You need a neutral connection to one side of the lamp

On one two way switch you connect the live to L1 and the other side of the lamp to L2

Now use a three core and earth cable to connect L1, L2, and COM on switch one to the same connections on switch two. Job done.

Neutral ========================== | Lamp | L2==================L2

COM=================COM

L1==================L1 Live | =========================

^^^^ ^^^^ First Second Switch Switch

(use a mono spaced font to make sense of the above)

Reply to
John Rumm

If you want to control each light independently from either side of the bed you will need triple two way switches at each side of the bed.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

Furiously looking for the retract button. Please ignore my last post

Reply to
Archie

On 6 Jan 2007 16:52:37 -0800 someone who may be "galileo" wrote this:-

Why not put a fused connection unit alongside the socket and run a cable from that?

Reply to
David Hansen