These ere biscuits

Because when you're putting a very large mirror into a heavy frame a 2" biscuit is not suitable in the corners.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Do a half lap mitre then...

Reply to
John Rumm

I wanted to fit wide wedges after using the BJ glue them then dowl through the frame and wedges. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

So put the mirror on a sheet of ply and fix the frame to that. Frames are decoration not structure IMO.

Reply to
dennis

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Well cut it down then!

Reply to
Guy King

And/or you are an idiot.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You claimed something along the lines of; - "I know all about wood-working, I'm good at it!" so: why didn't your rant about biscuit thickness compared to ply - mention what your application was?

What sort of joints are you employing in your 'heavy frame'; how large is a "very large mirror"; what is the thickness of the heavy frame; what dimension of rebate have you utilised; how is the 'heavy frame' to be supported?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock