Thermostatic controlled hot water to be mandatory on new builds/renovations soon.

But that is of course nonsense. The governmebnt has clearly stated that

(a) education education education is where its at (b) thrown huge amounts of money at teh system (c) made teh exams so easy that everyone is now super intelligent. (d) told us we cannot be allowed to take responsibility for our own actions

Therefore it is clear that becisuse Big Tone sez it, we are both the most well educated and sophisticated people we have ever been, bar none and at the same time completely irresponsible about our own and others safety.

So obviously education cannot be the answer.

I suspect this will be the way it will be spun shortly.

"Education no use to 99% of people" "Money better spent on thermo valves for elderly, and more thought police"

Don't be silly. Being awake and alert negates the need for government and makes advertising redundant. The buggers who control our lives would be out of a job.

Ther have always been tow reactions to Life and its Dangers.

I was taught that stepping in front of trains was stupid, and would get me killed.

Today its a question of Making Our Railways Safe for Children To Play on. And restricting trains to less than 15mph in biuilt up areas to cope with the pedestrian crossings.

Mor(t)ally you can take your pick. In terms of economic cost-to-the-nation, its pretty obvious which costs more.

Except to IMM and the Loony Left.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In Singapore there is a $200 fine for not flushing the toilet - how do they police that ?.

Reply to
Andrew

In article , IMM writes

Which is guaranteed to scald people

Reply to
Andrew

I see that the Phoney Liars are strongly resisting the increased London Allowance by a certain public service union, but this week have decided that MP's need a 'special' allowance for living in London.

Reply to
Andrew

I wondered why MRSA is spreading like wildfire through the NHS, everyone is having to use tepid water to wash their hands.

Reply to
Andrew

Has anyone actually put any thought into the fact that these temperature sensors can actually go wrong? If the householder gets used to the idea that they can just turn everything on max to fill their bath, knowing that the sensor will get the temperature just right, then one day they start lowering their arse into the bath which has been filled with scalding water.....ouch!

Secondly, I can't speak for others but as a child I very quickly got the message that really hot water hurts like billy-o. So with these new arrangements we won't be teaching our kids a lesson in life. The first time they find out about scalding water may well be too late.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

Reply to
PoP

Why can't bath taps have a stop on them (as described for showers below)? That would be a solution that will give both camps the temperature they want.

Anyone know any taps that do this???

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Probably not, I get the feeling that it's not been thought through properly at all.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Most top makes have thermostatic bath mixers. They are not cheap. The Screwfix one I mentioned has this and also a shower attached too.

Reply to
IMM