Thermostatic controlled hot water to be mandatory on new builds/renovations soon.

A silly comment.

Building regs and planning are two very separate issues. Taking your argument, we could be fully third world and not have any regs at all for anything. Now one wants over-regulation, but some things are just common sense. They are introducing this reg as many people are being unnecessarily scalded. From a financial view, we pick up the bill via the NHS, and if they are incapacitated for a long time we also pick up the bill. A sensible valve on a CH/DHW system is neither here or there. Nanny state? My God! They are only implementing them on new and renovated property and naturally they will catch on in existing houses too.

Reply to
IMM

Higher, as the dishwasher has higher temperatures.

People with combi's tend to thing the DHW thermostat knob is a power knob. It will not increase flow if set higher than necessary.

Reply to
IMM

Yes, oh yes. Oh what a good idea!

Reply to
IMM

Scald the little bastards. Too many of em as it is.

Harrumph!.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

then if it kills 400 more through enforced poverty, we will just look the other way..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not at te expense of impovershing the other 400, no.

Think of it as evolution in action. One stupid kid with stupid parents dies, so that many others may propser and benefit from a better life.

I can see how you might object, tho, in any other society but this, you would not have got this far, without some accident happening to you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course he likes it.

One childs life allegedly saved.

10,000 people who would otherwise be on the dole involved in

- drawing up the legislation

- testing the mixing taps to BullShit 5895

- educating plumbers upon the correct spanner to use when installing

- reprinting all teh building regs

- making new mixer taps

So, net benefit to economy, one more useless child to feed. Net loss, the cost of employing 10,000 people to do nothing worthwile that has any value to anybody.

Nu Laber means equality. Everybody as miserable and rulebound and poor as each other, no matter how useful or effective to society they are.

You KNOW it makes sense.

In reality, the only way to ensure equal opportunities is to shoot every single child, without fear ofr favour , the moment it opens its mouth to complain. It won't be long before Tony gets there...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And employ a plicemen in every bathroom to make sure it happens.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My oh my! blending valves are going kill 400 people. Some mothers....

Reply to
IMM

Now who is regarding his fellow man as an ignorant peasant then?

Ther is also the implication that poeple who buy combis are stupider than average....Hmm. One could develop that line of thinking ...

Time you started voting tory, you know it makes sense.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My God! My God! Have you missed the clinic this week?

Reply to
IMM

You appear to like nannying people. By all means encourage thermostatic mixers, I am in complete agreement with your arguments, I just don't like compulsion, and you, of all people, should oppose MORE building regs, MORE planning.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Fabulous.

< snip demented babble by a snotty uni person >
Reply to
IMM

and call them Building Control Officers... ;)

Reply to
David Hearn

What's the recomendation these days for hot and cold? When I were a wee un and asked why the hot tap was on the right on our bath but on the left in the kitchen I was given a reasonable explanation. The hot tap was furthest away for safety in the bath and cold was on the right in the kitchen as it is the most used and we're right handed. Surely in amongst all the regs there must be something that covers this?

Reply to
James Hart

In the UK, the hot tap should always be on the left. Whilst I'm sure putting the hot tap on the right for safety was well meant, it is more likely to cause an accident than prevent it as someone will reach for the normal cold tap and get a blast of hot. Every bath, sink and basin in every house I've ever lived in has had them the correct way round.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

This is big news. It was a topic of interest on the BBC Jeremy Vines radio programme. Everyone appeared to think it a very good move. Vines tried to play devils advocate with not much success.

I think it is a very good thing to have these fitted. They are already in schools, hospitals and old people&#8217;s homes. I hate scalding water too. I have nearly been scalded in many hotels; they have the water far too hot to avoid Legionnaires disease. I thought it was mandatory for hotels to have thermostatic blending valves.

Reply to
timegoesby

It makes sense to demented people.

Reply to
IMM

Don't forget OAP Princesses.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

That's because "everyone" rarely thinks. Some people do think - but they are barred from being politicians because of it.

And one of the biggest complaints in the latter two is that you can't have a decent hot bath because the damn valves limit the temperature such that by the time the bath is full the water is cold.

Ever tried having a shave in the tepid water hospitals consider as "hot"?

However if the Phony Blur has decreed it is a "good thing" and will saveachillun who are we to argue in the face of the evidence he will no doubt concoct.

Reply to
Peter Parry