Thermal values of flooring?

What's best, assuming no gaps / draughts.

Chipboard Sterlingboard Pine Floorboards Anything else.

Assuming I go with chipboard TnG - would there be much difference between

16mm and 22mm in terms of thermal value, the latter would require new skirting y'see. I have no insulation below/between joists.

Cheers.

Reply to
Jimbo

22m mean no bounce. The thermal difference in so minimal it is not worth assessing. Put proper insulation under the floor. It is cheap.
Reply to
IMM

From the chaotic regions of the Cryptosphere, Jimbo wrote on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:31:07 +0000 (UTC):

Well, if you're replacing the boarding, you could remedy that by insulating between the joists. Lay chicken wire between the joists and insulate with rockwool to the depth of the joists. After that, the insulation value of a few millimetres of wood won't make any difference.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula