There's lucky

The problem isnt superglue added to the lens, it has damaged the lens.

But superglue does. The lens edge and the frame werent well done enough so the prescription lens kept popping out so I superglued the lens into the frame. That worked well, but the result was f***ed due to the fingerprint on the main part of the lens.

Reply to
Joey

An alternate 'fix' which avoids glue, is to insert an inch or two of nylon fishing line, of the appropriate thickness, into the grove of the frame, then re-fit the lens

Reply to
Andy Burns

That wouldn?t have worked, the problem with the cheap chinese lens was inadequate shaping of the lens edge and the frame design. Quite marginal. The other lens was fine.

Reply to
Joey

Try acetone

The fumes from CA will form a film of glue on any surface

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No thanks, that will f*ck the coatings.

Didn?t happen with the rest of the lens.

Reply to
Joey

Almost the same thing happened to me in Paris some years ago, except that I managed to catch the lens as it fell but couldn't find the little screw.

On a Sunday, in Champs Elysees, not only was an optician's shop open for business, but they did what was necessary and refused any payment. I put five Euros in the charity collection box they had on the counter.

Reply to
JNugent

Acetone will damage raw polycarbonate. Polycarbonate lenses are (or should be) always coated so the surfaces should be OK but avoid the cut edges.

Reply to
R D S

No. it wont I looked it up

which is possibly damaged by acetone

so the surfaces

Exactly wrong

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yet it's rated as not compatible where I buy it and also at

effect)

Robin

She was just having a laugh.

Reply to