The trouble with being DIY Minded

Not just me, then :-)

Reply to
newshound

Actually I find ordinary PVC tape more useful.

Reply to
newshound

That must have been a relief, to find out you weren't worked on by a moonlighting waiter.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

TMH wrote in news:pccq2l$fet$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

But many householders don't recognise these jobs need doing. Many can't even cope with the Wheelie bin schedules.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I was not too long ago in a waiting room at a hospital. It took two men over an hour to fit a new lock to a storage compartment door.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The NHS probably paid a Service Provider several thousand in order to get the job sourced at a good price. Most likely thought it would be catagorised as a "Minor Works" and charged as a standard (stupid) price.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

My aunt was a psychiatrist. Her first job after qualifying was at Napsbury Hospital just north of London, which was a very large psychiatric hospital at the time. This was probably in the middle

1950's. At the time, all doctors wore white coats, but she was at the turn of a period when training universities were suggesting this might not be a good idea in phsychiatric medicine, so she turned up in normal clothes on her first day. She arrived at the ward she was to work on and started doing a rounds introducing herself to each patient in turn. As she finished and went to leave the ward, one of the nurses stopped her and said, "No dear, you're not allowed to leave the ward". In that moment, her whole life flashed before her, stuck in a locked psychiatric ward for the rest of her years and never heard from again by family and friends.

Next day, the white coat was worn...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

When I turn up for a public repair event at some new venue, and a light switch is hanging off the wall, and a display frame is coming apart, etc, and my heavy rucksack is a toolkit, the temptation is just too much to ignore...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
[24 lines snipped]

You may "like" this ...

Huge

Last year while in a hopsital two nurses were trying to put up a sort of post/pigeon hole unit that had fallen down they were using a penknife and coins to try and do up the screws.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In message , DerbyBorn writes

They need to install Kalendar :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Graeme wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@binnsroad.myzen.co.uk:

But they won't see the need because they are not bovvered.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That's quite simple if you organise your sock drawer properly.

Grey Argyle socks today = grey bin.

etc.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Have you ever known a farmer fix a gate?

Reply to
bert