The Reason Hot Taps Are On The Left And Cold Taps Are On The Right

The amendment might refer to 'red blooded americans' and 'cold hearted commies'

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Nah. 'Commies' are red, and 'patriotic Americans' are true blue......

Reply to
S Viemeister

I always get confused by that. At election times the maps always seem to show blue around the edges and red in the middle. However, somehow that doesn't seem to match the political leanings

Reply to
Andy Hall

Confuses me, too!

Reply to
S Viemeister

For some reason, the Democrats are associated with blue, and the Republicans with red. The thing to remember is that the Democrats and Conservatives are at about the same point on the political spectrum - it's just that the same cannot be said of their respective opponennts!

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I'm surprised you should say that. "New Labour" and the Democrat party seem to me more or less interchangeable. But I don't see David Cameron singing at a Baptist convention.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

and how does that conflict with what I said?

Reply to
Martin Bonner

A sad reflection. A generation ago, the Conservatives and Republicans were quite closely aligned, as were their respective leaders. It was very clear that one was getting what it said on the tin, whether one liked that or not. These days, both the contents and the packaging are all over the place.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's because both major parties are fighting for the same ground. And as for the Liberals...

Reply to
Huge

That's just fighting for a ground that doesn't exist, so has no consequence.

Reply to
Andy Hall