the price of CLS... (3" x 2" x 8')

went to Jewsons, £2.61... "no thanks mate" and walks off so went to B&Q around the corner only to find it at £2.79, which was a big surprise because the B&Q further up the road (about 10 miles) only charge £1.58...

I saved £24.20 (20 lengths) just because I'd been to the other B&Q the week before...

how the hell can 1 store charge £1.21 (76%) more for the same stuff ?

Les

Reply to
in2minds

It's called competitive pricing.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

So one B&Q store competes with others? Weird.

It's not new, though. In Wandsworth, there's a big B&Q with a Homebase opposite - not a particularly large one.

In the days when Homebase was Sainsbury's, the Wandsworth one used to match - and even undercut - B&Q on similar products. But the Homebase in Wimbledon - my closest - would always be more expensive. I first noticed it when buying a quantity of Spur shelving which they all sold, and having to do the rounds to get all the correct bits.

Haven't checked recently, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They seem to price based so that they are competitive with nearby stores. This can mean that prices vary dramatically, in some cases being lots more expensive.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Plus 20 miles on the car. Which comes in some where between 50p and =A31/mile if you fully cost it out, so you might have saved a tenner.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

true, if I hadn't been going in that direction, which I was anyway

still doesn't make sense why one B&Q charges 76% more than the other ?

Les

Reply to
in2minds

Just bought several lengths of this from my local Jewsons .... I get a reasonable discount, the rate was £2.15

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes