the man in b&q assures me i have the correct screwdriver for the job

after being told by the doctor that patched up my hand and removed the screwdriver from it, the problem i was having was that i had been sold a left handed screwdriver by mistake. i took this up with the man at b&q and he assures me i have the correct screwdriver for the job who is right? unfortunatly, i no longer have the box.

Reply to
burbeck

You can convert a left handed screwdriver for right handed use by tapping the tip sharply a few times with a glass hammer. Sometimes just applying a little elbow grease to the thread is sufficient to drive a screw if you only have a wrong-handed driver.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Left handed screw drivers are normally denoted by tartan paint on the handle.

Reply to
BigWallop

Left-handed screwdrivers are for _removing_ screws not inserting them. Remember the adage;- "Righty-tighty; Lefty-loosey!"

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

The problem was not the screwdriver but the IDIOT using it...

Just piss off, you ignorant little moronic troll. :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Mm, that'll do the trick...

Reply to
Lobster

Are you taking about a "screw driver" or a "screw twister", as the rather complex answer differs in each case.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

I always think "clockwise to close" when shutting off the bath tap, or tightening a screw etc...

BUT, with a rotary volume control on an audio product, going clockwise makes it all louder?

How did that come about?

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

In message , burbeck writes

Does that mean your testicles are the next to go then ?

Reply to
raden

Too much thinking

Reply to
raden

despite the conspiro-whackies belief; this world isn't sinister but right-handed.

AIUI, Human-Factor-Designers / ergonomists / industrial psychologists and the like, chunter on about 'natural-sense' and encourage that controls adhere to the principle that clockwise -> to the right -> forward or up; etc produces 'more' . Something's predate this protocol: - but we've just got used to them.

AIUI, the Airbus A3** series of aircraft has a Porsche- designed flight-deck where 'correct-status' is indicated by a dark/dimmed and blue- lit set of panels while any malfunction evidences itself with a sound and a yellow (or red) indicator. Once again it's the human-factor engineers setting guidelines that adhere to what's normal or instinctive for the operator.

I find myself cchuntering the "Righty-tighty; Lefty-loosey!" mnemonic when I'm lying on my back fitting / unfitting some fixture that I can't quite see and am having difficulty getting a spanner or screwdriver to.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Probably designed by the same guy who designed the pocket calculator. Why does that keypad start with 1 at the bottom and telephones start with 1 at the top?

John

Reply to
John

Google will reveal the whole sordid story ;-)

Reply to
Stefek Zaba