The girl who says 'no'

That seems a little harsh... They were instrumental in getting internet access available to the public in the UK.

The first few years were fine IME.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , Mike Tomlinson scribeth thus

Some firms do just that;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Odd if they don't know but still seeing that we "grew up" in a cabled area;)

The number of people who dis'sed them off for digging up the roads back then, there are people now who'd neigh on pay for the road to be dug up to get their fast fibre service;!!

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

You dunno what you've missed Dave not having a run in with customer "services";!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Mike Tomlinson scribeth thus

And they left the lovely quirky Turnpike news and mail client;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

True. But the only dealing I've had with BT broadband was when they installed their bits - and they were spot on. Came exactly when they said, and made a neat job. Although it was as easy as it comes for them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Should have been Openreach who installed it.

Want to hear the time when it took SIX of them to get a BB install going;?.

Perhaps not..

Reply to
tony sayer

Except I was carded by open reach at 7:50 without any bell rung for a visit between 8am and 5pm.

Bastards.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Well, sometimes you're lucky snd sometimes not! I'm still in trouble with intermittent phone and broadband, Friday morning a BT guy came and checked the line, replaced a couple of joints in the box and all was well. For 1 hour! Then the original fault recurred, no phone, no BB. After a while, I managed to find the time to talk to BT, who told me I had a defective line and the fault was my equipment! I pointed out to the Indian droid that the fault had been reported the previous Monday and apparently cured by Tuesday, before recurring and being cured again on Friday morning. About 4pm Friday, the fault cured itself but by then I had booked a BT service call for Monday, that's when BT contacted me again to offer a service call Saturday pm. The more experienced BT guy spent a lot of time testing out the line and found that there was a low level fault, that would pass auto testing. He then retired to the local junction box for more tests, coming back, to say, sorry. We're going to have to dig up the cable, it's not right somewhere! As the National Grid and the water supplier have been digging multiple pavement holes for the past 18 months, it looks as though someone's nicked. disturbed a cable/joint. Apparently, when the same fault is reported 3 times. it moves up the activity roster, hence the Saturday call. As it happened, Saturday was a wild activity day, with a hospital appointment, which ran an hour late, the BT man coming and visitors for the weekend all at more or less the same time. Anyway, we currently have a phone and broadband connection which works, we'll see how long it lasts. There have also apparently been exchange problems locally, with the ring generator, the dial tone generator and the software, just to add to the mix!

Reply to
Capitol

Indeed. I have a logging system on the doorbell (which is in any case audible throughout the house and garden). If they try that with me I'll be prepared!

Reply to
Bob Eager

En el artículo , Graham. escribió:

How's Josephine doing these days?

You must have fun trying to report a fault :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson