The best way to....

Ok, I`ve googled and found a few articles, but cant find one specifically dealing with my problem. I'm fitting a beaumatic stainless chimney hood in the kitchen. The cable runs out the back into the void created by the chimney. I'm not using it as an extractor just as a filter, so the air will be in the chimney void. what is the best way to connect this up to the main, I have a spur from a socket to a fused switch and is going near by, but could I connect the flexible cable from the hood to 2.5mm2 cable via a junction box is it possible to use a flexible cord outlet, if so where do I get them (As cant find them on screfix) the reason I ask is if I connect the cable within the chimney wont all the grease and humidity affect it

Thanks DD

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Ahhhhhh !!!!!!!! Another one guys !!!!

DD, please get someone qualified to do this job for you. Your explanation is giving off signals of grave danger, so please, for your own health and everyone else's safety, get an electrician to do this job for you.

Reply to
BigWallop

Actually maybe I just didn't explain myself that well (Suffering from bad cold) I already have a power cable in the cupboard next to the extractor (NOT LIVE YET) just wondered what was the best/safest way to connect it, I am competent (Completed a lighting ring main, that has been commissioned by a local electrician and he said I did a good job, also added to the ring main and created a new ring for the kitchen) so I am more aware than most who post asking electrical related questions, admittedly this one has stumped me as to the best and safest way to do it.

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Where do the ends of the dead cable go? One end is in the cupboard next to the extractor, but where's the other end?

Reply to
BigWallop

The fact that you are talking about 'lighting ring main' suggests rather strongly that you are not competent. A ring circuit is not a configuration which is generally employed for lighting circuits.

Reply to
Alistair Riddell

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:05:38 -0000, "Derek Doormer" strung together this:

If you really did wire it in a ring then your electrician is as clueless as you. There is a thread a bit further up on joining a cable in a chimney hood, read that for some ideas.

Reply to
Lurch

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Reply to
Derek Doormer

Not quite sure if I follow how the air will end up in a chimney void if you are using the hood in recirculate (i.e. filter) mode rather than extraction mode...

However, assuming you have a suiable power feed to the adjacent cupboard, I would suggest a switched fused connection unit in the cupboard with the flex from the extractor terminated there.

that you could simply install a dedicated socket in the cupboard and put a suitably fused plug on the end of the extractors flex.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:24:58 -0000, "Derek Doormer" strung together this:

That isn't much better TBH. Just concentrate on the cooker hood query.

Reply to
Lurch

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:29:39 -0000, "Derek Doormer" strung together this:

Sounds OK.

As I said, "There is a thread a bit further up on joining a cable in a chimney hood, read that for some ideas.".

Reply to
Lurch

Errm, that is this one isn't it? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Derek Doormer

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:41:01 +0000, John Rumm strung together this:

Er, no. It's entitled "Earthing cooker hood".

Reply to
Lurch

Ah, OK found it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or is there any installation instructions?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C