That's one less apprentice

Thats still only accidental..

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It never bothered the Daleks.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Exactly. Not to mention peripheral vision.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Shoulder blocked one a couple of weeks ago. He was cycling straight at me on the pavement. I shouted at him that he was on the pavement. He shouted back that it was a cycle path (it isn't). He then cycled faster and aimed for me. Got him with my right shoulder. Sadly he didn't fall off but he did stop. Sadly he then continued down the pavement. I think next time I'll kick the front wheel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I started to feel that way about M People and Search for the Hero. It had already been done on radio & tv a lot. Then I got a contract to create some software for a company making broadcast TV systems. Over two weeks I watched the test clip every 30s of the working day. The clip was the Peugeot ad using Search for the Hero. Over and over in my head. I couldn't even turn the bloody sound off because that was part of the test.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The problem is that someone listening to their fave POS on their iPad tends to be in a world of their own and has shut out the outside world.

Reply to
geoff

A favourite hobby of mine

Reply to
geoff

Its a problem for my cat who has a cyst on his eye - walked off the arm of the sofa and landed head first on the floor

Reply to
geoff

Can you explain that one? Noise cancelling headphones only cancel out background noise, not speech. They have to be able to predict (to some extent) what the noise is going to be in order to cancel it.

Reply to
Andrew May

Don't they just phase invert a signal picked up from an external microphone?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I wouldn't, he is likely to go straight on and into you sans bike. Best if you shoulder him (or push HIM [not the bike]as he goes past) then he will be unbalanced and probably fall down with his bike (lots of sharp bits of metal on a bike).

Reply to
soup

IIRC they use an arrange,ent that comparess each side of a mic so that only very near sources can generate pressure differences. Whether this is done mechanically or electrically Dave Plowman will probably know.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I tried some at work. They cut out the white noise of the aircon, and left all the annoying conversations from the department across the corridor.

I _hate_ open plan offices.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ