(Thames) Water minimum pressure specification

Just noticed on my Thames Water bill & associated bumph:

Water Pressure

We aim to provide water at a reasonable pressure at all times. If your pressure falls below 7 mteres head for an hour or more on two occasions in any 28 day period you can claim £25.00. The payment will only be made once in any year.

7 metres head is approx 0.7 bar I think.

I guess they're fairly safe, knowing that probably none of their domestic customers has the apparatus to measure & record pressure satisfactorily to make such a claim :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

I bet Trading Standards does though :-)

OTOH, they'd probably close ranks....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Aren't Thames Water looking to reduce the pressure to save on the amount of water lost duing their numerous leaks?

Reply to
p00kie

Oh sure. It's the game of the moment. All of the utilities and public sector organisations are doingit from energy to water and from education to health.

If you aren't meeting your targets, the solution is simple. Change the target and then spend money on marketing to convince your customers how great a deal they are getting.

Some people fall for it. They buy lottery tickets as well....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I would think the £25 quid would pay for the digital pressure sensor, after that it just needs an old laptop and a couple of months of waiting. I'm nearly at the end of the supply pipe so experience the consequence of any incident along the pipe. That's got to be a few water cuts per year.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

occasions

It's not limited to Thames Water, it's a Statutory obligation:

Mathew J. Newton

Presumably you'd have to be measuring it at the stopcock rather than entry to your house so you're not seeing drop in pressure due to your own consumption.

Gotcha! ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles