TFL letter

Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?
Bill
On Sunday, 13 January 2019 02:06:18 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:

Have had any here in W Midlands. As you now see, I am a trendsetter. Far ahead of you lot.
Not sure about that but there seems to be enough, from what people tell me about it on Twitter and facebook too. I guess nobody can then suggest they were not aware of it. Brian
--
----- --
I wasn't aware of it before reading this thread. I would guess that the majority of those living outside London haven't heard of it. When was this letter Bill was referring to sent out, and who was it sent to?

Jeff

On 13/01/19 08:29, Brian Gaff wrote:

as a non-user of both
if that is their marketing, then I would be unaware of it
tim
On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:

Sent to your business address? I don't know the details of their publicity campaign but recall they were urged to do more to tell businesses about it.
--
Robin
Yes of course, they are sending to businesses in the main. Of course I do not know if it says or not but also they are removing the exception of private hire vehicles from paying the charges. This is supposed to reduce traffic. Of course the private hire industry are not happy, saying they are making the black cab drivers a monopoly. Brian
On 13/01/2019 09:10, Robin wrote:

No it was sent to a retired schoolteacher who hasn't been to London since 1965. She has two cars but the letter didn't mention a reg no. or anything.
Bill
Well best make sure the cars she has have not had their numbers cloned or later in the year loads of fines will descend. Brian
--
----- --
I don't know how you can check your registration number has _not_ been cloned (unless you have access to the data from all the ANPR systems). You only find out if it has been cloned when the parking charges, penalty charges, notices of intended prosecution, police etc start to arrive.
On 14/01/2019 08:47, Brian Gaff wrote:

--
Robin
On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:

<q> When ULEZ operates A daily charge runs from 00:01-midnight. If you drive within the ULEZ area across two days, for example before midnight and after midnight, you will be liable to pay two daily charges if your vehicle that doesn't meet the ULEZ standards. </q>
If you have to pay, it's £12.50 per day. Big incentive to not overstay the welcome.
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 17:34:03 +0000, Richard wrote:

Useful to hear this (I didn't get a letter). My son will need to pay (or his company will) but my car is Euro 6, so OK.