Testing drainage

Tried to perform an air pressure test to building regs part H 2.60 using kit from BES. Their part 1960 Drain Pressure test plugs are inserted in each end and the wing nut tightened.

Pressure is applied - and the test plug eventually flies out one end or the other.

Obviously I need to tighten the plug further but am worried about tightening it too much and fracturing the pipe. Is there a technique here I need to know ?

Thanks

G&M

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:44:29 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "G&M" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Make sure it's dry, clean and at 90° to the wall of the pipe.

Another tip is; tie a bit of string around the bung; one of the buggers will always fly down the pipe before you can catch it.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Ah - think you've highlighted the problem. I'm inserting it into the 45 deg bend where it enters the manhole. So very hard to achieve 90 deg to the wall accureatly. Will try again.

Good point. Thanks

Reply to
G&M