Tarmac over tarmac

I have a single tarmac drive which has been down for 24 years. It wasn't particularly well laid as I get some annoying puddles. there is virtually no fall on it and most of it is beween my house and the neighbour's. I want to widen the end where is emerges from between the houses - so I will need some new foundations and will want to plan a linear drain somewhere.

Could I have a new layer put over the existing - and do away with the puddles and arrange a bit of a fall to a linear drain? If so how thick should it be? I would like to consider block pavers as a border.

If I can overlay it, then what preparation will it need to ensure the new layer bonds to the old?

Will ripping it up be the best option?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

All I'd suggest is that if its puddling then it sounds like it might be sinking below those places and maybe another layer might just carry it on? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff