Tape measures - metric only

Hi,

I would like to buy a metric-only tape measure in the uk - where can i get one? I've seen stanley ones in other countries in europe, but can only get metric + imperial combined ones in the uk!!

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Reply to
Fred Elliot

Try

They supply the professional market. My last metric only tape came from them.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Axminster do one.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Lots of them here (just skim the headings and ignore anything with feet

- there are five pages):

's a UK company despite the .com

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I'm afraid I got mine from France. I tend to pop in when on a beer run and pick up tape measures and PVA (which for some reason is 1/3 of the price here). I did find some metric ones when I was looking in the UK, but baulked at the cost.

It is worth persisting though. Using a metric only tape is a dream compared to those horrible imperial ones, where the cubits or whatever those Luddites want to use always get in the way.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Its not the feet and inches that throw me, its the dual reading ones with imperial and metric on the one tape that I hate. Metric only are so clear in comparison, and they can be read from either side of the tape

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann