Surveyor's report on house with rising damp

nry

Very impressive and interesting resume of the actual position - thanks Would expect no less from someone opearting with that sobriquet! Chris

Reply to
mail

Its not 100% accurate..but it should be online in detail somewhere.

I just ripped it out of my 2000 building regs book, and a lot is left out here.

I can't after a few minutes googling find a better history.

However the salient fact is that pre 1984,you cannot *rely* that work carried out was to any standard whatsoever,although you can be reasonably sure if it was post 1974, it won't be grossly bad.

If you like 1984 was the end point for the cowboy builder.

Anything before that is 'all bets off'

Especially if its original purpose was not residential..converted barns and cowsheds and the like.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher