Surrey flange

Hello BigWallop

[Andyplumb]

Likely the shop's ok, but let down by their internet sales page that doesn't let the shops staff know what you've ordered.

OTOH, once cleared up, part arrived in fair time, was as described and worked just fine. Quite easy to fit, too.

Reply to
Simon Avery

Hello ARWadsworth

The real benefit of B&Q for DIYers is that they're open bank holidays, weekends and often evenings. For them with a full time job that doesn't allow us near to builders merchants the choice is limited.

They're Ok. Their pricing is very odd and their stocking decisions apparently made by idiots on crack, but they fill a niche.

Screwfix also fill a different niche, and price wise I can't get most things cheaper locally, and I *do* frequent builders merchants, agricultural suppliers, timber yards and the like. And for non-urgent things, it's a damned sight more convenient picking things out of a catalogue, or clicking a mouse of an evening.

That I can't argue with though. Major pain in the arse that they will no longer "leave around the back" as per instruction.

Reply to
Simon Avery

Thanks, I'll try the Plumb Center in Macclesfield.

Regards, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

I doubt they would take notice. I ordered some RCBOs from them. They came, all Type C, which wasn't mentioned at all. I told them that they were basically for light industrial use, not domestic and thousands of people are probably installing them on domestic ring mains giving insufficient protection. They weren't interested even in correcting their catalogue, let alone sourcing the correct Type B that you would expect.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle