Surface water drain for drive

I want to install some water drain channels at the end of my drive where it meets the garage. I'm thinking of the type commonly used which are concrete with a galvanised grid on top

Does anyone know what these are called?

Reply to
PJO

One of the Trade names is ACODRAIN Several others but that is the best known Any good quality builder merchant will know exactly what you mean and get you info and prices etc

Reply to
Mike Taylor

No - but I visited B&Q in Farnborough a couple of days ago and whilst wandering around did notice these in the building section. I happened to take notice because I took a look at the price tag (can't remember exactly, about £14 each if memory serves).

I'm sure other places do them, but I don't remember seeing them on sale before which is why I took a slightly closer look purely out of curiousity.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Ta.

Just off to the home building and renovation show at the NEC. In case anyone doesn't know about this it is brilliant and on today and all weekend.

Reply to
PJO

Linear drains

Reply to
Neil Jones

Do they do solutions to top posting?

Reply to
Huge

What's top posting and does it matter anyway?!

Reply to
PJO

does it matter anyway?!

Only if you want to get relevant responses to your comments. If you just want to see your account ID, then post how you like, most will skip your posts or put you in their "killfile" as having nothing worthwhile to contribute.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

A. Top posting

It has always been the convention on Usenet to post at the bottom of a message or interspersed in a clear way so that issue and responses flow in a natural order of reading.

Most news groups have constitution guidelines which include comments on this and also issues such as whether or not commercial posting is allowed.

If you do top post, then there is a fair chance that people won't read your post because it is out of context with the previous one. You may also get more robust suggestions concerning net etiquette.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Load of crap IMO. If the group was very busy then yes, I'd agree. Some groups have thousands of posts a day and it would matter but here I don't think it does - unless you're a stickler.

Reply to
PJO

Obviously.

Posting upside down and not trimming shows a total disregard for the hundreds of readers who have to try to make sense of the resulting mess. It only takes a minute to format and trim in a common sense manner.

It has been proven time and time again that "upside-downers" generally have nothing worthwhile to contribute as they are unable to understand even the basic fact that response FOLLOWS quote, just as in normal conversation.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Agreed. To be honest though most busy people have no time for rules. Bad maybe but fact. I for one can't understand exactly what top posting actually means and I haven't the time to read the rules - which are considerable.

When i post a reply I post it to the post I'm replying to. Simple. BUT not enough for some obviously.

Reply to
PJO

Top posting or "upside down" as I prefer to call it, is responding to a previous post at the *beginning* of said post, then leaving the whole previous text(s) trailing in the wake of it like a great white beard.

Which just goes to prove that posting considerately is just common sense. There is nothing wrong with your post, it has been trimmed to context and posted in chronological order which makes it easy to understand, even if the original article has never been seen.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I regret I wholeheartedly disagree.

It's a right royal pain in the butt to read a response and then have to read on down to figure out what the question was.

If you wrote thrillers for a living do you think it would be a good idea to have the hero sailing off into the sunset before the plot had been discussed?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

?toppost
your OE fixed here;

Huge

QED.

*plonk*
Reply to
Huge

AND do you really think that I (or indeed anyone else) has the time to read through that lot?!

Think not.

AND do you really think that I (or indeed anyone else) has the time to read through that lot?!

Think not.

There, a double post!

Reply to
PJO

In message , PJO writes

But then, you'll find most people won't have time for anything which you type. You don't need to read it all, just accept that top posting is considered bad etiquette and not acceptable to most of us

Reply to
geoff

And you're attitude isn't acceptable to me.

We don't live in an ideal world.

Reply to
PJO

In message , PJO writes