Success! (was: Electrical problem)

Just to let you all know - the fault on the kitchen ring main that kept tripping the RCD was due to the neutrals for that circuit being put to the non-RCD neutral bus bar.
Thanks very much to all who answered my query.
Cheers,
Mogweed.

Glad it's all sorted. How did your mate manage to do the testing on the installation in the first place? ;-)

Good to hear it was sorted.
Makes you wonder how it was tested and approved to Part P..
sponix

Well, to answer both Gary and yourself, the final testing and inspection haven't been carried out yet. Building control sent round a sparky from a local firm to inspect at first fix. He gave it the ok at that stage and said that I should call the council when it was ready for final test and inspection, which I'll be doing on Monday.
I know we shouldn't have energized the circuits yet but the plumber, the joiner and others need leccy :o)
Mogweed.

Good job it was sorted out before they came round then! Good luck for Monday