stupid question

I'm applied to have a tree put up in a communal place but it has to be

3meteres from a tree in the vicinity but being a daft git I don't really know how far 3 meters is ?

anyone know how many car lengths that is or another idea where I can roughly guage it ?

Reply to
James

In message , James wrote

It's 0.15 of a chain length.

Reply to
Alan

As near as you need it it is around 10 feet.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Well it depends what sort of METER. Gas meters are wider than electricity meters. Now if the O/P means METRES then that's a different pot of kippers !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Would that be electricity meters or gas meters? If you have either of these, you can measure the width with a short stick, and then lay it end to end three times.

Reply to
Roger Mills

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:00:35 +0100, "James" mused:

What sort of car do you want it guaged against?

Reply to
Lurch

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:39:08 +0100, Alan mused:

My mates office is 3 metres long so it will be about the same as that, so 1 office length.

Reply to
Lurch

Buy a 3 metre tape measure and extend it fully...thats 3 metres.

Reply to
George

BMW E30

Reply to
James

Please remember to take into account relativistic effects as these can be very fast cars!

Reply to
jake

About 5 standard single kitchen units wide.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Teacher: How many 'bites' did you get from your 'Stupid Question' troll homework? James: Lots!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Matty F

Book up for night school now. Going through life not being able to measure anything explains why you live in that grotty flat on a sink estate.

As regards car lengths - is your ideal car an old Mini or a stretch limo?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I kid you not, my daughter measures things in 'Argos Catalogue's. She will describe things as "4 Argos Catalogues long".

Yes, she is blond.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A friend of mine has a T shirt with the legend: "Please speak slowly, I'm naturally blonde"

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The OP might not know anyone with an office so if he prints this picture out

3 times
lays the pictures end to end he should be ok:) I could not find a picture of a office.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ta