Street traders or Market stalls

done a small job for some bloke ealier. We was gabbing away to each other and at some point started yapping about Aldi.

Apparently Aldi is a god send for him, tomorrow he's going round at least 3 branches in my area buying up most of each branches stock of them remote door bells and then selling on the market stall for an extra £2.00, price in Aldi is £5.99. He buys most of the stuff that he thinks will sell and adds £1.50/£2.00 depending how well they go.

Enterprise or Aldi's loss.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Enterprise, most certainly.

Aldi are only able to keep prices down because they sell in *huge* volumes and only keep stock for a week or two.

If their end prices were higher, less people would buy and they'd get less of a discount.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Also customers buy because they know it's a now or never chance where 'never' is an indeterminate number of weeks. And some of the specials sell out very very fast - I look the last router table at about 9.00 on day 1 of the offer.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

He really ought to try out Netto and LiDL outlets too, to see if they have some floggable stuff. Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

Yes they did sell well, 10.30 at my Aldi and only three RT's left.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

11.30 and no door chimes left. :-(

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Don't worry - I've heard you can pick 'em up down the market! ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Plenty of door chimes, and remote control alarms, im my local Aldi half an hour ago.

I could put one on ebay if you want :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Would like to know what price it goes for. :-)

I just came back from Prescot,Liverpool, and obtained one from there. :-P

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

People do the same on Ebay with Lidl and Aldi stuff.

Reply to
daddyfreddy