Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

Bungie strap to hold the lid in place? Shouldn't matter if it keels over then, but more bungie straps could fix that too ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In our case a bungee cord tying together the handles of two bins together back-to-back has worked wonders. Separately they'd walk around in the wind, often falling over entirely, but together we've had no issues.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I have a piece of rope, one end tied to the garden bench the other end has a lump of paving slab tied to it, when windy I pull the rope over the 3 bins and sit the slab on the ground.

Reply to
ss

'Companiable' push-chairs are even wider! We have a standard footway then a wide verge. The bindroids (dimdroids?) mange to leave the bins in the middle of the footway. Another metre wouldn't be too difficult, surely.

Reply to
PeterC

My envy cup runneth over, not. We have to cope with a black plastic bag and clear plastic bag for recycling. I don't bother with the bottle box, just use the recycling bin at the nearby supermarket car park.

Reply to
Richard

Watching how the bins are inverted and slammed about by the emptying mechanism, I think a fixed internal weight would soon tear the bin base apart (and annoy the bin men).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

But water would just tip out and drain out the bottom of the truck.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Fine, but I?m not talking about water. Not sure the bin men would be happy about everyone loading up their bins with water. That?s a lot of extra work for them.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+