Stone cutting saw question

I've hired a saw for cutting concrete monoblock for my driveway. The hire shop recommended using the water spray system for dust supression which works a treat.
However, the instructions with the saw say this should only be used with diamond tipped blades, not abrasive disk type blades which I'm using.
Is there a problem? It still cuts but I'm finding it hard work and I wonder whether the water might be providing too much lubrication
Tim

wonder
No it wont help. None of the block pavers I've worked with use abrasive disc's, all diamond with out water

I found diamond blades made a superb job of cutting concrete blocks, using a cheapo 14" chop saw - so no water spray. The dustfullness was terrific. Mine is similar to:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cco14-14in-abrasive-cut-off-saw
and I made a couple of simple wooden jigs to hold blocks for 45 degree cuts.
If you do contemplate hiring a diamond blade, watch out for wear charges. Some places charge a small fortune per millimetre of wear, and it's difficult to argue whether your blade has worn by 2mm or 3mm. Diamond blades have dropped in price so it's probably worth buying your own - but, I admit I prefer buying to hiring in general. I've found the chop saw, with a metal-cutting abrasive disc, invaluable for all sorts of jobs since the killer app block paving job ended.
--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)***
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:11:55 +0100, Autolycus wrote:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cco14-14in-abrasive-cut-off-saw
Tim, Diamond is the only way to go. Let the blade work, that is don't force it. Sparks coming off it means you are forcing it and wasting matrix.
Kevin, I once hired a saw and blade late one friday afternoon. The guy had to put his beer down to use the vernier to measure the diamond. On monday morning after using the machine most of the weekend the blade was bigger than it started out. Good stuff this Aussie beer,
Regards Bill
--
Bill
http://www.builderbill-diy-help.com /
Bill wrote:

Hired a diamond blade today. Definitely the dogs b*llocks for cutting blocks. Kind of surprised that they hire out the saws without it as standard.
Tim