Sticky float switch in dishwasher

Ello, I have a Siemens dishwasher which has a sticky float switch which either continually operates the pump or leaves the bottom full of water. I can't get at the offending article so am considering pumping a suitable fluid though the works. Can anyone recommend a method/solution ? I am considering Jeyes fluid but am not sure. There is little or no scale in the works, I think it is just built up crud. Anyone ? Thanks a lot. Mike R

Finish do a rather expensive liquid cleaner. However, I find that Sainsburys dishwasher cleaner tablets work just as well.
Graham

in
Hi Mike,
I had a similar problem with my AEG dishwasher, it turned out to be that the drain hose had fallen out of it's bracket, so the hose was laying partially horizontal rather than vertical. I put it back, switched the machine dial around to dry and it drained perfectly, I dropped it down again, just to test and it failed to pump the water out of the bottom of the machine again.
HTH
Cheers
Nick
Thanks for the advice guys...looks like problem is resolved. Cheers Mike

What was the solution to the problem in the end?
Graham

I coaxed it into draining by messing with the drain outlet then it ran a complete cycle at 70 degrees with the recommended Finish product. I am hoping that that is the end of said problem - I have to confess (big red face) I have never heard of the use of an additional cleaner and after buying some this morning my better half discovered the free issue bottle supplied two years ago when the beast was new...the unit has never seemed dirty or had any horroble odours so I reckon that's means that Siemens gets a thumbs up ! Cheers Mike