Steve Irwin....... It didnt take long............

will be sadly Missed

J.

Reply to
Jonathan Rhys-Lewis

Not by me. He obviously irritated the animals even more than he did me.

Reply to
Huge

The message from Jonathan Rhys-Lewis contains these words:

Not by me. He was an odious animal-baiter who courted danger once too often. Couldn't stand the bloke.

(insert usual disclaimers about feeling sad for his family etc here)

Reply to
Guy King

The stunt with his new baby and the crocodile put me off the guy. If you want to put your own life at risk then fine, but don't do it to anybody else.

Reply to
John White

I don't know why people always get so wound up about other people's babies - as far as I'm concerned, you have a baby, it's yours - you can do with it whatever you want (within reason).

Reply to
Grunff

Maybe he should have stuck to crocs and snakes, which he obviously knew and understood from way back. I imagine there are divers out there who would say he had it coming.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You do realise that certain people will be choking on their wholemeal lentil quiche and dandelion coffee even as you read this. :-)

John

Reply to
John White

Of course no one tells you how the sting ray is doing :)

(I did hear a rumor its in line for an OBE )

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

.

Unlikely as they won't want to be using the earths precious resources getting involved with us daft buggers !!

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

In Oz OBE stands for Outcomes Based Education, (ie no "standards" in sight), an absurdity being pushed hard by WA's minister for eddikashun after it has been proved a failure elsewhere. I pity the poor stingray which has to suffer it.

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jonathan Rhys-Lewis saying something like:

Not by the 'ray. Bloody good shot, imo.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yeah, it's not like they're usually expensive or difficult to replace.

Mmm, cosy in this fall-out shelter isn't it.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Chris Hodges

Apparently, according to this morning's radio news, his family want the fatal incident to be shown on TV. Just me, or is that just a bit weird?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Would it be too cynical of me to mention "viewing figures" and "royalty payments"?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I suppose it would stop all the speculation - and per the other reply, something they could include in the DVD of the series under "bloopers"

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I hope the stingray gets a book deal :)

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

Not by anyone with any feeling for the animals he baited and tormented. It was only a matter of time before one of them outwitted him.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

If it had happened prior to his child's birth, then it would be eligible for a Darwin !!

Reply to
Stephen Dawson