Stability of 240v supply under FIT tarrif?

Don't be silly the PV panels stop most of the heat reaching the roof and the insulation stops most of what does getting into the building.

Reply to
dennis

Perhaps, but we are not talking about traditional capacitive reactance here. With a capacitive reactance you would get a sine wave current load, leading the voltage waveform.

What we have here is pulse waveform contained within the temporal envelope of the voltage waveform.

This tends to peak clip the voltage waveform, and also results in significant harmonic distortion to the voltage waveform.

Reply to
John Rumm

I see you are full of shit too

Power factor correction consists of banks of capacitors (mostly), to correct the lagging power factor caused by inductive loads. (eg Motors) It can be done coincidently bu other means, not usually viable.

Severely lagging power factor cause excessive current (and losses) in the distribution system. So there is a financial penalty imposed. Usually by a peak load charge which is measured in Kva not Kw. So it becomes fanancially worthwhile to correct the powerfactor.

Reply to
harryagain

You dozy pillock. The whole world is heated by solar gain. You don't need windows.

Reply to
harryagain

But that is not going to clip the mains sine wave form. Just an annoyance on your radio.

Reply to
harryagain

Sigh As I said earlier

I further note from the above that it can result from defective/useless digitalised equipment and so be entirely spurious. Ie not exist at all. A lot of digitalised instrumentation is useless. It only approximates. So the pix someone posted may well be spurious too. Unless he has a "proper" analogue oscilloscope, not driven outside it's limit. The most likely explanation come to think.

Reply to
harryagain

Harry, the diagram illustrated all the reactive correction capability on the transmission network, not the distribution network or on a customers premises. For reference the blue lines are 400kV, the black ones 275kV. While there can be financial penalties for individual industrial and commercial consumers the choice as to make corrections to their power factor is theirs alone.

Your statement that

"Capcitive reactance in the mains is extirely cancellled out by the massively greater inductive reactance."

Is incorrect.

Reply to
The Other Mike

In article , The Other Mike scribeth thus

Mike don't bother, its waay over his head he wouldn't understand One percent of what you know re power distribution..

Reply to
tony sayer

I think you are fighting an uphill battle there Mike. In Donald Rumsfeld parlance, there seems to be an awful lot that Harry doesn't know he doesn't know.

Without blowing your cover, I'm wondering if your ability to find National Grid data sheets indicates you have a professional interest in the subject.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In article , harryagain scribeth thus

Harry like most everything else you think you understand you have this wrong .. totally wrong ..

A few words .. please rearrange...

digging hole stop a in when

Reply to
tony sayer

You can't evengrasp simple things whenpresented to you in black andwhite?

Reply to
harryagain

Its very simple harry, now try them again...

digging hole when stop in a

Reply to
tony sayer