Squeeky floor boards

Has anyone got any ideas on this? My house is now 10 years old and nearly all the floor boards squeek - especially on the stairs. I have tried to re-fix them again with screws but after a few months they start squeeking again...... any quick fixes?

Reply to
nigel

Help required to solve squeeky floor boards that are driving us mad. Have tried to re-screw them down but after a few months they squeek again, especially the stairs. Any quick fixes or tips please.

Reply to
nigel

They are only 10, tell them they should only squeak when squoken too...........

I have heard that talcum powder sprinkled into the gaps works a treat - it lubricates the edges of the boards. Do let me know if it works.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I find talcum powder is great for stopping the squeaks. It certainly works for us.

R.S.

Reply to
RoundSquare

Watch out where you screw!

oooooh errrr Mrs.

I did one on a floorboard in my mum's house a few years ago and went straight through a C.H. pipe.

At least I didn't get electrocutionised. :¬)

Pete

--

gymratz

I have fixed a couple of squeaky stairs by replacing the glue blocks. Maybe you can't get at them easily and it would be a big job, but if you can access under the stairs it's a piece of piss. check out my timber stairs page for more on glue blocks.

Reply to
Bill