Speedfit technique

What tripe. The airways are vast. railways need well, er, er, rail lines. That all interconnect. A monopoly. Best kept that way and run properly

Reply to
IMM

[ no flame intended ] IMM, please, try and get your attributions correct, or better still reply to the correct message in the first place !
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Neither have I. When I say to them people in the UK have not died on the steps on hospitals with snake bites because they couldn't prove they could pay, they see the point.

When they react to me, I tell them you pay more than us in your cable TV fees.

Reply to
IMM

They certainly are. And they need professional attention.

Reply to
IMM

You have to look at the bigger picture than the assumption that public transport is needed.

Unfortunately, the basic assumption of the anti-car pro public transport lobby is the assumption that mass movement of people is required. This is only because businesses base themselves in large city centres and pull in the supporting cast of service industries as well.

That notion is flawed, because there isn't a need for businesses to be in city centres, for many there isn't a need to have fixed working times and for many there isn't a need to congregate at a central premises at all. There are increasing numbers of businesses that have moved on from these ideas with employees working from home or smaller regional locations.

THat's my question. Is it? The conventional approach is to assume that businesses want to be in city centres and that therefore transport provision on a grand scale must be made.

If it is made attractive for businesses to locate away from city centres, then most of the mass transport need goes away.

No assumptions. At one level, if you drive into central London there is not a perceptible change. I have asked loads of taxi drivers what they think and haven't found one yet who thinks that there has been an improvement.

If you look at reports on the effects and the *complete* impact then at best it's a mixed bag

transport/congestion_charging_app_jan04.rtf

Given some of the negative effects on users and businesses, saying that the scheme does nothing (i.e. is neutral overall) is being generous in my view.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Even if it does, that's a considerable improvement on 8 to 30.

Reply to
Andy Hall

"This imperfect policy of non-intervention, or laissez-faire, led straight to a most hideous and dreadful economic exploitation; starvation wages, slum dwelling, killing hours, pauperism, coffin-ships, child-labour -- nothing like it had ever been seen in modern times....People began to say, perhaps naturally, if this is what state absentation comes to, let us have some State intervention. - Albert Jay Nock

Reply to
IMM

How is his armchair and pipe these days?

Reply to
Andy Hall

and mixed sex as well....

Reply to
John Rumm

ppen.

That's illogical.

If staff are enticed into the private sector it will be because of better pay and working conditions.

Education leading to careers in other sectors is funded by or partly by the state but there is no requirement to work for the state for a period of time afterwards except in certain special sponsorship cases.

Why should healthcare delivery be treated differently?

This is one of the main points. If an organisation is so broken that it's necessary to protect it by limiting its competition in various ways then something is very wrong.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You are obviously ignorant of life in general and all therein. You need to read this on-line book right now. It is for your own good.

Our Enemy, The State by Albert J. Nock

IMM

You need to look at the links and read fully. This is for your own good.

Reply to
IMM

Good one IMM....

Given the size of the population of poisonous snakes indigenous in this country, that should ram home the point with the characteristic thrust of most of your arguments.

Reply to
John Rumm

All those I have saw, and that is a lot, have 6 beds to bay, which is like a sub ward in itself.

..and?

Reply to
IMM

I know. Thank you.

It did sink home.

Reply to
IMM

You are quoting out of context.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

You 'know' but can't cite any figures and have to ask other to do so, strange if you 'know'....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I think you meant "seen", but never mind.

Putting 6 people in bays, effectively created by partitions in larger spaces and still open is pretty revolting. There is a lot of noise and the issue of hygiene.

I've seen elderly ladies who may well not leave hospital alive mixed in these rabbit hutches with younger men.

That's degrading and distressing and should not be happening.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I hope the CPS don't waste there time doing that either, could be why there are so many fathers in court though, I think you mean the CSA.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The statement was correct, an astute observation. He goes on....

"But the State had intervened; that was the whole trouble. The State had established one monopoly, -- the landlord's monopoly of economic rent, -- thereby shutting off great hordes of people from free access to the only source of human subsistence, and driving them into the factories to work for whatever Mr. Gradgrind and Mr. Bottles chose to give them. The land of England, while by no means nearly all actually occupied, was all legally occupied; and this State-created monopoly enabled landlords to satisfy their needs and desires with little exertion or none, but it also removed the land from competition with industry in the labour market, thus creating a huge, constant and exigent labour-surplus."

Reply to
IMM