Speedfit fittings - how close to hot water cylinder?

Hi,

Gatevalve leaking next to hot water cylinder (part of CH) - can I just replace it with a length of pipe using speedfit couplings as a stopgap measure? The whole thing is due to be replaced in the next two weeks with a megaflow.

TIA

Reply to
Francis

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:46:01 +0000 someone who may be Francis wrote this:-

Leaking from where?

If it is the spindle, have you tightened the packing nut up?

Reply to
David Hansen

No :-(( Didn't know abot this or had forgotten - age is wreaking havoc with the little grey cells. But I managed to get the encrusted sod off and will replace it today. Many thanks for the information.

Best regards,

Francis

Reply to
Francis

Should be OK. Use a heat bank/thermal store not a megaflow.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:34:32 +0000 someone who may be Francis wrote this:-

Valves should be operated every 6-12 months through their full travel and gate valves left 1/4 turn closed. Then they are likely to work when needed.

Reply to
David Hansen

Oh the thing turned all right but it leaked and no adjustment was possible. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Francis

Reply to
Francis