Spare sealant nozzles?

Hi,

Don't you hate it when you've used half a tube of decorators caulk/ sealant or suchlike, put it in the garage for a couple of months and come back to it and you have to bin it because it's all dried up in the nozzle and you can't get it out?

Does anyone know where you can buy spare nozzles from so I don't have to keep buying new tubes of sealant when I don't need to?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon

You dig the nozzle out with a long thin bladed screwdriver like the rest of us do.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Believe it or not "spare sealant nozzle" in Google, first hit and fannys your uncle ;o)

I've found that once I finish with a sealant if I take the nozzle off and flush it through with hot water until it clears and then just put electrical tape around the actual sealant container, it is fine until I come to use it again.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I use so many of them that I reuse the same nozzle for several tubes, and always have a few spares around.

And always shove a nail up the one thats in use.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've found that using kebab skewers (wooden ones in my case) pushed in nice and deep through the top keep everything flowing nicely.

Cleaning out at the end of the job can be really messy (and a waste of hot water) and faffing around with scraping it out when you just want to do a ten minute job is really disheartening!

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin

Screwfix used to sell them - something like a bag of 10. However a quick check does not find them now, maybe a product they have dropped?

Reply to
Rod

I have just re used a tube opf decorators caulk that has been lying in my garafe for about 3 years. All I did was to dig out the old caulk from the tube, and re use it. That simple!

Reply to
Bob H

What sealant do you use? Mine have non removable nozzles.

M.

Reply to
Mark

Saw them for sale just now - and also (something I have never seen before) flexible/bendable nozzles - in Isaac Lord, High Wycombe. I think they come from the Evo stable.

Reply to
Rod