Source of chafing gel fuel needed

Oh come on, it waas very cheap.

We do have a large stock of white marble, someone was breaking a fireplace so we helped him dispose of it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

7 quid for a rock? On eBay I can buy sapphires for that much!

(And almost the same size too. Anyone got ideas on what to do with 3/4" diameter rubies?)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

link please ? the mrs likes collecting baubles and rocks :-)

Reply to
.

Jewels have never appealed to me unless they have an industrial use :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

An experiment for you:

Get some meths and dissolve a bit of bar soap in it. The concoction should gel easily and will burn quite nicely.

It may suit your needs.

Reply to
EricP

Hmm, interesting. Soap flakes would dissolve more easily ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You may need to heat the meths a bit. So a jug of meths in a pan of warm water. You don't need much soap.

There is a recipe but it is so long since I did it that I have forgotten. Sorry.

Reply to
EricP

Calcium acetate if you must, not soap. You get quite a different end result.

(You really don't want to do this. Ask the earlier poster who confused the stuff with napalm iif he'd care to explain)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I was thinking of using my water bath, safer than a jug in a pan :-)

Hit and miss recipes make for learning.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher