soundproofing home - interior doors

Hello,
I need advice on how to choose interior doors. Family is coming over to live with us for the next couple of months and we really need to soundproof our home. At the moment we have cheap shed value interior doors that soundwise are no better than fabric curtain.
I'm thinking that we need to replace them with solid wood ones. Any thoughts or recommendations please ?
In article

Like all sound proofing you need mass and a good air seal. Fire check doors are probably the cheapest route. With the appropriate seals. But ordinary internal walls don't provide good sound insulation either.
--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

I'd go with that: Someone I know has just had fire doors installed in the bedrooms as part of a major job and says you can't hear a thing through them...even to the point of being able to sneak up to the kids' bedrooms and barge in to find out whether they're really doing their homework!
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:37:49 -0700 (PDT), GMM wrote:

Way too much effort, we just have a camera in there :) Actually our kids are 5 and 3 and when we hear bumps upstairs while we're settled in front of the tele, it's handy to just flick channels and make sure they're not jumping off the bookcase or the roof of the Thomas bed again!
SteveW