Solar roads, for goodness sake!

James Wilkinson Sword

Wonder how long it will be before someone deliberately drives over it with no tire, just the rim etc.

Reply to
John

This paragraph caught my eye : 'The 1 kilometer road was opened yesterday by French Ecology Minister Ségolène Royal and could generate enough electricity to power the street lights'.

Someone should tell her...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

city-france-normandy

If you mean wrong time of day, it's you being stupid, they'd have batter= ies, or push power on and off the grid.

If you mean it's a pathetic amount, I agree. They're far less efficient= than roof panels, so I don't see the point.

-- =

How do they seperate the men from the boys in the Navy? With a crowbar.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Is this a legit article? Someone came up with this idea a couple of years ago and were posting YouTube videos about it, which were thoroughly debunked as being "unrealistic" by numerous other YouTubers. So to find out that someone has ACTUALLY done this, given the amount of people demonstrating how it will never work is something of a surprise...

Reply to
Simon T

I'm not surprised some stupid greenie has acquired loads of government money to do it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I wonder what the surface is like when trying to brake hard in wet weather? How long before there is a thick layer of diesel particles and rubber from tires blocking the light?

Reply to
alan_m

Or mud.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh I'm sure they've thought of all that..... [laughs hard enough to lose balance]

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

En el artículo , Chris Hogg escribió:

:)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Is this the same company who invented pollution eating paving slabs? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sounds like a typical EU-funded project.

Reply to
JoeJoe

ogg

I can't get that link to show anything but a list of other articles, eve= n after pasting it back together.

-- =

Murphy says to Paddy, "What ya talkin into an envelope for?" "I'm sendin= g a voicemail ya thick sod!"

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Dave of EEV blog fame has some reasoned comments on the matter;!

EEVblog #632 - Solar Roadways Are BULLSHIT!

tony sayer

The site has a "tedious troll" blocking filter and/or you're too stupid to use a computer.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No, the browser showed no article.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You have always been the clown of newsgroups and always will be. I like a spot of entertainment in the evenings, you are it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The BROWSER showed no article. Badly written page no doubt.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Excellent! I just knew that you would not let me down.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Why would you blame me for my computer not displaying a webpage?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword