Soil stacks venting into the loft

We're only covered by NHBC if it doesn't comply to the regs *and* there's an imminent danger to the occupants health and safety. I don't think our health and safety is at risk.

To quote from their claims guidelines, section 4 of the doc:

"If there is a present or imminent danger to the physical health and safety of the occupants of your Home because it does not comply with the Building Regulations that applied to its construction, conversion or renovation in relation to the following specified Building Regulations, we will pay you the Cost of the necessary repairs"

Reply to
Tom Pickles

It depends on where in the sofit. On a blank wall is fine.

They put roof vent tiles these days.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Height and horizontal distance above an "opening window".

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Remove the stack above the toilet and fit HepVo traps on bath, basins and sinks.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They did in those days too, they've just skimped and left them off

Reply to
Phil L