Soil Stack - Connecting 2 WC's

Hi

Can two 100mm WC branches be connected into the stack at the same vertical position if they are at 90 degrees to one another ?

I'm aware they have to be offset if connected directly opposite each other, but what about at right angles ?

E.g., where O represents the stack:-

WC----->OO ? ^ | | | WC

Having perused the building regs., I'm none the wiser, so all advice appreciated.

TIA, Gareth.

Reply to
pyramids.of.mars

All the new housing round here seems to have the bathroom and en suite entering opposite each other at the same level. IIRC if they are not at the same level they need to be a minimum distance apart, so they don't dump into the other port.

Reply to
<me9

I'm pretty sure you can get a soil fiiting with two opposing banches s I'd guess its okay to do it.

found this site

list on

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

On 29 Oct 2006 13:02:48 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named " snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

90° apart is OK. Where they 'oppose' each other (i.e., at 180°), then they must be 200mm apart vertically.
Reply to
Hugo Nebula

My reading of H1 Diagram 2 is that two WC branches can be opposite each other as they are swept junctions, i.e. the flow will follow the radius into the stack. What wouldn't be acceptable is a bath waste (boss type) opposite a WC as this would tend to project the bath flow up the WC branch.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:16:00 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named Tony Bryer randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It does say, "Opposed connections larger than 65mm (with swept entries) should be offset at least 200mm irrespective of stack diameter. Unopposed connections may be at any position." That 'larger than 65mm with swept entries' suggests that two WC branches should be offset. Is there a typo, do you think, and it should say, "without swept entries"?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

At diagrams of the allowable connections are shown. There is a note "No connections may be made within the shaded areas. However, connections whose centre lines are on the boundary of the zones are acceptable" I read that as making opposite connections allowable (the vertical zone starts at the centre line of the branch) and you can buy double branch fittings!

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

On re-reading it I think your interpretation is right. It certain was the rule in my BCO days (which is now admittedly going back 22 years) that WC connections could be directly opposite or a minimum of 200mm apart, nothing in between. Unfortunately a quick Google merely throws up reworks of the AD.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

BES appear to stock a double (opposed) branch in 110mm 92 1/2 & 112

1/2 degree versions (codes 13017 & 13018), looks like I have to look for another design bible, I would have seen it there and assumed it was ok to use.
Reply to
fred

So how are all the local new houses getting away with it, with two entering at the same level on opposite sides via a proprietry fitting?

Reply to
<me9

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:11:44 GMT someone who may be wrote this:-

The last four words in your sentence are the important ones. Marley did one at least a decade ago that allowed bath wastes to be connected to the stack at the same level as a toilet connection, which is very useful in many houses as it avoids dropping down into the floor below.

Something for two toilets could work in a number of ways and this will have been discussed with the relevant people before it was put on the market.

Reply to
David Hansen