soil pipe / flat roof - cannot use weatherproof slate

Right, I was going to use one of those aluminium / rubber "slates" to seal the pipe through the roof, but the pipe is too close to the wall, and just above the roof is a connector with outlets to toilet and bathroom sink. So the area that needs sealing is tight and fiddly. The seal at present appears to be some old bitumen/tar, which has been covered with strips of the bitumen/foil flashing strips, presumably to try and stop a leak. The area behind the soil pipe also has some kind of rubberised sealant. So the whole things needs to be cleaned up and re-done. The neighbour has what looks like some kind of bandaged/impregnated sealing system that looks like a solid lump of black rubber covering the whole area of these connectors. What system would the helpful folks here suggest ? It would need to be pushed into various nook and crevices in order to make a good seal. TIA, Simon.

Reply to
Simon

Can you give us an idea of the sort of dimensions we're looking at?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Sorry, the original post was a bit long-winded. The only area that needs to be sealed is a 110mm soil pipe going through an appoximately 110mm square hole. The reason a normal "slate" cannot be used is because immediately above the roof is a bulky connector for the toilet and bathroom sink - there is no smooth pipe to seal to. The neighbour has a similar situation, as described in my initial post. Simon.

Reply to
Simon

replying to Simon, Lyn wrote: Hi Simon, just wondering if you found a solution to your soil pipe problem as I have a similar dilema. Lyn.

Reply to
Lyn

You think he's going to reply 13 years later?

Reply to
Tim Watts

This once again shows the weakenss of that crackpot usenet web interface. People who inent such interfaces should be black listed as web site makers, they clearly need a clue. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If he does at least it's had a good test :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris