So who has made themselves..

A diy snow plough?

Could be mounted on a lawn mower and if you have a water resistent vacuum, you could have a snow blower as well.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well, i and quite a few other shoppers at asda just had a good laugh at the local boy racer in his ultra lowered corsa type chavbox car with an extremely large and low front spolier thing, he was doing a pretty good snow plough impression just trying to get out of the carpark, when he came to a speed bump (the yellow and black plastic ones about 8 inches wide) he pushed enough snow up onto it and under the spoiler to reduce traction from his front wheels to zero.

Reply to
Gazz

Yes, I also heard that one of these, being made apparently of flimsy plastic completely broke off the car in a Croydon car park yesterday. Not built very sturdily are they.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They don't actually blow, they throw. So it wouldn't work.

Reply to
harry

OF COURSE ThE INABILITY TO SUCCESSFULLY PLOUGH ROADS EQUIPPED WITH SPEED BUMPS IS YET ANOTHER REASON WHY THEY ARE DANGEROUS

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They blow.

Reply to
dennis

I made a blade for the lawn tractor a couple of years ago as an experiment, but even with chains it didn't have the traction to go through anything heavy; it really needs 4x4 (or tracks). For the lighter stuff it would probably have been OK, but we don't generally get lighter stuff around here!

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Well I just nail a piece of thin ply to a pole

Reply to
ss

I've done that, too - it's quite useful for raking large amounts of snow out of the way, so long as the snow's of the right consistency - if too wet and heavy then it takes too much effort, and if too powdery half of it tends to just flow out of the way and around the rake.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

So did I, it was useless. I used a length of 12 inch industrial guttering, even added a rubber edge using some old conveyor belt. The plough itself was basically okay but my 18 HP garden tractor couldn't push it. The problem was, without a dif lock one wheel just spins.

I now have a snow blower, it does blow not throw as its a two stage machine.

See

Muddymike