Smoke Alarms

Hi,

We have mains powered (with battery backup) smoke alrms on three floors. Today they have started going off for no apparent reason - sometimes full aalrm, sometimes a few pips.

Is the cause likely to be the batteries need renewing?

TIA

Reply to
no-one

More likely that one of the smoke detectors is faulty or full of dust

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thank you, I have blasted it with some compressed air from a can. I'll see or rather hear if that does the trick :-))

Reply to
no-one

My smoke alarms became more sensitive as they got older, even a steam iron set them off so I replaced them. R

Reply to
ronald

Mine had a honking BIG spider in it, gave me quite a fright when I gingerly took it apart [well unit sort of separates from the mains feed which was still live] and the spider ran over my hand.

Reply to
soup