Small, surface mount, LED panels - do they exist?

I'm after a small, preferably rectangular, surface mounting LED panel to provide some light in the corner of a room. It will be mounted on a sloping ceiling (not terribly relevant really).

I want something of the order of 500 lumens, less than 1000 anyway. All the surface mount panels I can see (from Screwfix, Toolstation etc.) are much larger and brighter.

Does anyone make small ones or will I have to go recessed (which I'd rather not as it's more difficult to undo if we don't like it).

Reply to
Chris Green

Am 06.01.2020 um 12:31 schrieb Chris Green:

Osram/ledvance Lunive Quadro 8W 400lumen 110x110mm ?

Reply to
Matthias Czech

I saw or rather felt, on of the fatter ones installed which had coving glued around it to make it almost a feature. The cable was also hidden in the coving where it went to the hole. Probably not strictly that legal but... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

12 watts, 880 lumen, or 6 watts, 480 lumen, 40 mm deep

also available in a round module with a surface kit

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You can alwaqys run a higher power one in series with a suitable capacitor

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not sure how small you need the light to be. How about under (kitchen) cabinet lighting? This one from Ikea

is 20x7cm and 6mm thick.

Reply to
Kevin H

Recycle an old laptop/TV lcd screen removing the LCD, reassemble with the diffuser and possibly change the backlight. The diffuser is the magic bit.

DIY Perks - Turning Smashed TVs into Realistic Artificial Daylight

Adrian Caspersz

Yes! That's just the sort of thing, thank you. It wouldn't show up as a panel of course which is why I haven't found anything like that.

Reply to
Chris Green

Trouble is, what usually goes on TV screens and monitors is the backlight.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have these in the kitchen and I'm very pleased with them. Reasonably warm colour as well (i.e. not the cold hard white you can sometimes get with LEDs). Dimmable as well remotely with the right power adapter.

Reply to
Kevin H