small roof diy?

I have a small amount of flat roof where my garage protrudes in front of the house by about 4 foot incorporating a porch to one side. The Flat roof has leaked in the past as is eveident from repairs and I've just done the same myself. So, a nice pitch roof on the front would be an attractive answer. (Other similar houses in the road have had this done) I have planning already for this and other additions so thats not an issue. The Question is, could I do this ? I'm handy enough I'm sure of that, its just the know how that I'm lacking Affixing to wall, soffits, beams etc... So can anyone point me in the direction of some clear step by step guides or would I be better handing this to a roofing company ?

Reply to
Vass

I just built a roof, 120 square meteres, 3 different ridges, intersect, and it has a curved corner on it. My roof building experience before I did this was no more than a playhouse I built the kids. It is possible to DIY it.

I got a couple of books, and looked at the pictures. If you need building regs for this, tell the architect its a DIY job, and make him expmain stuff so you can follow it.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Yes, it's possible to do it.

From what I can gather the pitch of the roof is important..if it's under a certain angle the rain water will blow up under the tiles.

sponix

Reply to
s p o n i x

You got me motivated, I have a day off work to work on my project, but its far to wet :-(. Anyways, I started on my project website, and started with the roof.

It shows what can be done if you are prepared to have a go. I am an IT Technical Specalist, so have no relevant experience form work to guide me.

Reply to
Rick

Impressed - theres hope for us all Keep up the good work

Reply to
Vass