Small, manual start, diesel generators - do they exist?

Either ether or easy start will do. Suspect that's what TNP typed before his spiel chucker got to it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

ether, it should have read..

AKA Easy start.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get some of the magnificently named "Start, Ya Bastard."

Huge

from the country that gave us 'sticks like shit'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wouldn't use easy start or similar without very good reason and a dire need to get the engine started. My little diesel genset has electric start and the battery is connected to a small solar panel (in the hope of) keeping it topped up. If the battery is flat, I can pull start it.

Easy start goes with rather more of a bang than diesel and can damage the engine, resulting in it becoming "addicted" to the stuff, ie won't start, ever, without "easy start".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

indeed - I think it accelerates wear of/"proper shags" the piston rings and makes it very hard/impossible to hand start without a "sniff".

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Aw, ye didn't point at the magnificently pictured "Start, Ya Bastard." Girls ...

engines, they do ...

Reply to
Adrian C

I won a competition on their website just before Christmas and was gutted not to get a tin of the stuff as a prize.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Easystart tends to be used on knackered engines or engines with a fault, all it really does is enable the owner to ignore the fault until it gets to the point where the engine won't start at all unless it has a sniff of ether.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Or brake parts cleaner as we used on one snowmobile engine a couple of months back...

Reply to
Jules Richardson