Small hole Concrete Mix

I want to fill in a mat-pit, just inside my front door. It's

500x800x25mm. I'd like to use just a sand and cement screed. The sides and bottom are part of the concrete slab.

I'm going to put travatine stone on top.

What mix should I use?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Whatever you like. 6:1 should be fine

Reply to
adder1969

Tend to disagree, suspect that would crack too easily. TBH I would simply fill it with tile cement ..and some gravel, mixed together. You need the tile cement anyway. Why buy a bag of cement when you already are going to need loads of tile cement?

wet it a bit first as well, or paint on PVA to avoid removing moisture from whatever you lay.

If you must use sand and cement, go towards 3:1 IMHO. Less crumbly. 6:1 is really friable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I've got both, and plenty of cement, so I'll do a 3:1 mix.

The Tile Cement is special stuff for the travetine over UFH screed (and b.....y expensive).

Thank Guys.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow