Small goods trailer paneling material?

Yeah, I got bit by that. One hour of rain and it delaminated. Not happy with supplier to put it mildly. It was a large supplier too.

There's always creosote, 2nd best to CCA.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I don't know if this a reflection on some (bad) marine ply but my 14' composite dinghy (GRP hull, ply deck, hardwood, gunwales, seats and transom etc) was also left bow down and water got into the forward buoyancy compartment (basically the whole bow of the boat) and lifted the varnish and delaminated the ply. I managed to graft in some replacement marine ply and it looked ok once done but it broke my heart when I first pulled the cover back and saw it. ;-(

I have found ply coming up with all sorts of grades. From stuff that seems to split and crumble away and other stuff that was like steel.

Ok.

It's strange. I had a small sheet of 'blockboard' in the bottom of the trailer when it got wet and that was stuck to the trailer floor ply and delaminated as I pulled them apart. The trailer floor ply didn't seem to have suffered at all (and I had to scrape some of the remains of the blockboard off with my knife).

I'm guessing there must be a balance between the use of 'nasty' chemicals (even over less nasty / less effective(?)) versus the loss of materials and the energy wasted and pollution caused in their creation?

I think they clamped down on things like chroming, so se saw the chrome falling off some motorbikes from then on. So those bits get thrown away or have to get re-chromed and so potentially causing more issues (pollution) than the decent (nasty) chroming process would have done?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m