Slow flashing bright LED

Ah. 20 years is about right, actually. These days, so far as I am concerned, all I care about is whether there's a cross-compiler for SPARC.

Reply to
Huge

(a) does the LED have to be in the intruder alarm casing at all? A dash-mounted led should be sufficient to suggest an alarm is in operation, without revealing the location of the alarm. Disable the internal LED

(b) look at keeping the battery charged rather than reducing the quiescent current. Solar panels for example. If you can park under a streetlight and put the panels inside the sunroof you should be able to charge up almost continuously.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

40W solar panel, £135. Only problem is that it can overcharge a 100AH battery very easily. Umm and of course it needs to be fixed to the motor somehow.

You could always add a 400W windgen.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There exist solar panel top-up units. I believe installing them is as simple as putting them on the dash and plugging it into the cigar lighter socket.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

thought that they were no longer available.

Reply to
rjs

Not going to help much for this application, but there is a discrete component version of the IC here based on the NatSemi design:

John Rumm