Slow Door

My Hoover Dishwasher has a drop down door that has some sort of device to make it stay where it is put - friction?

Anyway, being a bit obsessive with the oil can or WD40 (to prevent rust and wear), the door now slowly opens all the way. Obviously I have made an error! Will it recover? Can I fix it?

Reply to
John

Does it matter - as long as it stays shut when it's running?!

Surely, you have to open the door fully to load and unload it anyway. What's the point of having it able to stay part-way open?

Reply to
Set Square

Sometimes I just need to open it enough to put an odd item in the top basket. Also curious as to how the device works.

Reply to
John