Sink Sound deadening?

The black rubber/bitumen(?) mat that was glued to the underside of my sink bowl has dried out and fallen off (now brittle and in bits). Any suggestions for a replacement material?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

You can buy similar sheet material from car pimping shops, intended for use to line door skins etc.

Alternatively, just glue (Evostik) some rubber sheet.

Reply to
Grunff

You could just buy a tin of Bitumastic and 'clart' it all over the underside of the sink.

How about old carpet tiles?

Why bother, nobody sleeps under the sink.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

True, but kitchen noises are bad enough for those of us with sensitive hearing even without the noise from an undeadened metal sink.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

tony>>

Reply to
TMC

An offcut of flashband might do.

Reply to
LSR

A car paint/bodywork supplier - self adhesive ones are fitted inside car doors etc for the same reasons. However, they tend to come in packs and aren't cheap. You might try a local body repair shop for a single one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Whatever turns you on.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Spray it with expanding foam of the gap filling variety

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's what Spouse would do - he uses it for many applications.

You have to be careful and apply it sparingly though, it can easily fill a large space.

Mary>

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is your email correct?. I may be able to help.

Dave

klatu@clara DOT co DOT uk

Reply to
gort